The Janet Fund Accomplishments
- Janet's law passed 9/21/12,
- over 185 AEDs donated,
- 3000 people trained in CPR
- first to established teen only CPR classes
- Live with Heart Awareness campaign
- Donated over 82 Automatic External Defibrillators with cabinets or JANET bags to NJ Schools, youth sports organizations, Township recreation programs, churches and missions.
- Trained over 1100 people in CPR and AED use.
- Reached over 200,000 people through Awareness.
- Launched LIVE WITH HEART Awareness Campaign.
- Established a Teen CPR/AED Training Class.
Some of our past AED donations include:
• Millington Elementary School
• Greater Newark Charter School
• University Heights Charter School
• Gillette School
• Salem Middle School
• Field Street School, Kearny’s Point
• Watchung Hills High School – placement on playing field
• Children’s Aid and Family Services – Bergen County
• North Plainfield High School Athletic Department
• Hunterdon Huskies Pop Warner Organization
• Christian Brothers Academy - Hawthorne
• Watchung Hills Junior Warriors, Warren, NJ
• Red Bank Catholic High School
• Watchung Hills Pop Warner 2 AEDs
• Market Street Mission
• Warren Township Volunteer Rescue Squad (Phillips Professional)
• Broadway Dance
• Warren Township 5 AEDs for Public Playing Fields
• Watchung Recreation for Public Playing Field
• Day Camp Sunshine at Fellowship Deaconry, Liberty Corner, NJ
• Orange High School Athletic Department
• Washington Valley Firehouse
• Warren Basketball Association, Warren, NJ
• Watchung Hills Soccer Association, Warren, NJ
The list keeps going…. There are many more recipients not listed!
Over 1100 people have been trained/certified in CPR/AED Use.
Teen CPR/AED Training
Established a teen CPR/AED training session where youth ages 13-19 can learn CPR and AED use with their peers in an environment that is both supportive and comfortable.
The JZMF 12 Hour CPR/AED Training Marathon
Our CPR/AED Training Marathon in January 2007 lasted 12 hours and trained 101 people. Participants were certified in Adult and Child CPR and AED use, Infant CPR and Obstructed Airway. Each participant received the American Heart Association Heartsaver Certification. 101 people were certified that day ranging in age from 14 to 71! Participants included coaches, parents, grandparents, scout leaders and youth.
• Live With Heart Wristband Awareness Campaign
• 2008 Billboard Campaign reached over 10,000 people.
• Somerset Patriots ‘Janet’s Night at the Ballpark’ 2007 to present.
• Wall of Hearts – Awareness Wall of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Youth.
• Public Speaking to School Nurses and PTA/PTOs.
• Various Streets Fairs across NJ.
• Parent Heart Watch www.parentheartwatch.org
We are a proud member of PHW – the national voice for eliminating cardiac arrest in our youth. We are the NJ State Coordinators. Contact us for information.
• The Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association
• The SADS Foundation