WHAT IS JANET’S LAW?
Janet’s Law requires the following items:
- All public and private schools K-12 to have an AED on site
- At least five school employees to be certified in CPR/AED
- An emergency action plan for a sudden cardiac event
- The AED to be located in an accessible, unlocked location (such as outside the school gym) with appropriate signage above the unit
- Signs throughout the school directing people to the AED
- The AED must be accessible after school hours for school athletic events and practices
Janet's Law was passed on September 21, 2012 and is now in effect in all NJ schools.