The Janet Fund AccomplishmentsJANET’S LAW
Janet's law passed 9/21/12 and went into effect on 9/1/2014. Janet’s Law requires all schools in New Jersey to have an AED, trained responders, signs leading to the AED and an emergency action plan. It is the most comprehensive school AED law in the United States.
Over 415 AEDs have been donated throughout New Jersey by the Janet Fund.
Over 4000 people have been trained/certified in CPR/AED Use.
Established a teen CPR/AED training session where youth ages 13-19 can learn CPR and AED use with their peers in an environment that is both supportive and comfortable.
12 Hour CPR/AED Training Marathon
Our CPR/AED Training Marathon in January 2007 lasted 12 hours and trained 101 people. Participants were certified in Adult and Child CPR and AED use, Infant CPR and Obstructed Airway. Each participant received the American Heart Association Heartsaver Certification. 101 people were certified that day ranging in age from 14 to 71! Participants included coaches, parents, grandparents, scout leaders and youth.
This is a small sampling of what we do every day.
• Live With Heart Wristband Awareness Campaign.
• Laces for Life Awareness campaign
• Reach the Beach public AED program.
• Keep Your Heart in the Game youth sports AED initiative.
• Many TV and radio appearances- spreading the word on sudden cardiac arrest in youth.
• Public Service Announcement with Steve Schirripa that was played on over 25 radio stations in NY, NJ and PA
• Billboard Campaign reached over 100,000 people.
• Wall of Hearts – Awareness Wall of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Youth.
• Public Speaking to School Nurses, PTA/PTOs, youth organizations and national conferences.
• Various Street Fairs across NJ.
• Parent Heart Watch www.parentheartwatch.org
We are a proud member of PHW – the national voice for eliminating cardiac arrest in our youth.
• The Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association
• The SADS Foundation
Stay ConnectedClick here to Join our Mailing List
Please note that we do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes.